VA and Apple recently rolled out a feature where Veterans enrolled in the VA Healthcare can get their VA and community care health records securely imported to Apple’s Health App (these records stay on your phone, not on Apple’s servers). VA’s new Health API is enabling this functionality, so we expect the feature to come to Android soon, as well. You can read more about the announcement at Apple’s website, but to get started, just open the “Health” app in your iPhone and follow these instructions:
1. Open the Health app and tap the Summary tab.
2. Tap your profile picture in the upper-right corner.
3. Under Accounts, tap Health Records, then tap Get Started.
4. If you’ve already added another provider, scroll down to Accounts, then tap Add Account.
5. Search for “Veterans Affairs“, then tap it.
6. Under Available To Connect, choose an option and sign in with your VA login information. You might be asked to save your password.
7. Wait for your records to update. It might take a minute for your information to appear.
If you experience any issues, check out Apple’s support page.